Listen to episode 033 with Nicolas Cole here:
This podcast is all about Nicolas Cole. Nicolas has been pursuing his passions since he was young. Today, he is an established writer who has publications in the likes of Forbes, Fortune Magazine, Time Magazine, Huffington Post and Business Insider with a focus on the millennial generation. However, life wasn’t always so smooth.
In high school, Nicolas grinded for years in online gaming, eventually becoming one of the top ranked World of Warcraft players in the world. Achieving this title wasn’t all positive. Nicolas was ridiculed at school for spending hours on his computer every day.
This couldn’t bring Nicolas down as he used his experience as a player to make a blog attracting tens of thousands of visitors every day.
As he grew up and the game changed, Nicolas decided he wanted to do something else. He found another passion in the website Quora. Within months of answering questions on the site, Nicolas was asked to be published in Inc Magazine. Several months later he was being published there so often that they offered him a column.
More specific takeaways from the episode are:
- How important it is to build a reputation.
- Why you need to be prepared for haters.
- Why if you’re trying to build a personal brand, you need to be willing to share your story.
- Why you need a team that will push you to be better.
- How repetition can lead to success.
How to find Nicolas:
Listen to all our episodes and leave a review: Itunes and Soundcloud
Latest posts by Podcasts (see all)
- BTL 060: How To Live A Kickass Life with Andrea Owen - July 12, 2017
- BTL 058: Turning Darkness Into Light with Joe Gilani - July 6, 2017
- BTL 057: Getting Yourself Known with Hope Brookins - July 3, 2017